Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cover Letter

Tham Hsu Wei Shawn
123 ABC Street #01-11
Singapore 234564

February 1, 2010

Pey Kong
Principle Trainer
Advocators Education Pte Ltd
273 Thomson Road #02/03-02
Novena Gardens
Singapore 307644

Dear Ms Kong,
APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF AdvoCoachTM (Math)

I am writing in response to the advertisement for the post of an AdvoCoachTM (Math)
in the NUS eJob portal dated Monday, January 10 2011. Advocators Education emphasizes on actions to reflect her values for people to have the desire to excel, dream big and have the determination to make dreams happen. I would very much like to be part of a fast paced company to help people realize their dreams. 

I graduated from Anglo-Chinese School (Barker Road) with a distinction for Additional Mathematics. The teaching methods at Anglo-Chinese School (Barker Road) have equipped me well to score for Additional Mathematics. I am confident to be able to impart my knowledge to students to realize their dreams of getting a distinction for Mathematics.

Furthermore, having worked part-time as an AdvoCoach previously, I am familiar with the company operations and people who were in my team. In addition, I have helped to develop one-page concept maps that are currently used by the company to teach students.  

Lastly, Advocators Education has expanded to Malaysia and is looking to expand to Vietnam as well. I am currently attending Vietnamese 3 lessons in NUS and will definitely be able to aid the company in this aspect.

I am confident that my ability to work well with the other Coaches and students will qualify me to handle this extremely fast paced and highly demanding position. I can promise that meeting with me prove to be fruitful and I will make myself available at your convenience, during or outside of normal business hours.

Yours sincerely,


Tham Hsu Wei Shawn

4 comments:

  1. Hi Shawn, please upload your job adv so your classmates can better comment on your application letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shawn,

    Interesting job advertisement, very similar to the type of job I am currently looking at.

    I believe you might have overlooked the point on enabling your employers to contact you. Perhaps you can add a sentence in the last paragraph stating your contact details and thank them too :)

    From your advertisement, there are many criteria that your employer is looking out for. However I find only a few out of the list in your letter. Maybe you can add in a few more to make your application letter look more appealing to your employer.

    Hope you get your job successfully! :)

    Lisu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shawn,

    I hope my following comments will find some use for you.

    + You have worked with the company previously and stated it which is good. I think you can further attract the attention of the reader by naming some of the more well-known staff who you might have worked with. People will usually want to choose those who have connection or is related to someone in the company. =)

    + You listed your proficiency in Vietnamese language (thumbs up). Can also elaborate a little more. Eg You are able to converse fluently with customers etc.

    - I feel the second paragraph is a bit weak and needs for substantial evidence to prove that you are indeed good at teaching math

    - What about your soft skills and interpersonal skills? Maybe you would like to add some of it in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terence,

    Thank you for your comments! Will work on it to improve :)

    ReplyDelete